Summertime

I finally have two finishes to share! Wish I could motivate myself to come on here and blog in between finishes about something beautiful or interesting like so many of you do. Life is filled with many beautiful moments that pass us by so quickly.

My dear sister-in-law just had a sweet baby boy last month, and she has requested that I stitch her a birth sampler. This truly motivated me to finish up Connor's. I put the finishing stitches in today and I just love it. It's too bad we're poor as church mice because I really want to get it framed prontisimo!




I also finally finished the Erica Michaels 'Random Thoughts of Spring' sampler. I had fun playing with color on this piece. Not sure how to finish it off, though ... ideas?
So next up, the sampler I selected for my new baby nephew is "Peapod Sampler" by Bent Creek. Have you seen this one? I think it's really cute, and I have a hard time finding baby samplers that I like. They are mostly all horrible, in my opinion! ;) Do you ever feel this way?


Otherwise, I am busy working and taking care of Connor baby. He is now 17 months, and a big, strong, independent young man who fills our house with joy. Here he is meeting his cousin last month. He wasn't too sure about mommy holding another baby! Hope your summertime is off to an enjoyable start.
Yours in stitches,
Rachel
x o x o x

Comments

What a cutie!
Nancy said…
Hi Rachel! I enjoyed reading your post. Connor's birth sampler is gorgeous, and he is such a cutie pie! Your Random Thoughts piece is very pretty. Hope everything is going well for you and you're enjoying motherhood!
Vonna Pfeiffer said…
Connor's birth sampler is so perfectly beautiful! I too am a little funny about birth samplers but the one you chose for your new nephew...absolutely adorable :)
Rachel V said…
Thanks, Anna, Nancy, and Vonna!
Anne S said…
Connor's birth sampler is stunning, and I have to say I do like the Bent Creek one too, hmmm might have to keep that one in mind for a friend's baby! Your Spring finish is lovely too - great thread choices.
Rachel V said…
Thank you, kind Anne!
Where did the time go? I can't believe he's 17 months already!

Both of your finishes are beautiful!
Jenny said…
Hi Rachel! I just wanted to drop you a line to say hello as it's been a loooong time (hope you remember me as I changed my picture just recently. I finished up my blog - Little Kiwi Chick - a few months ago because I just don't have any time for it anymore, being a busy mommy!)

Connor's birth sampler is delightful! The Beatrix Potter illustrations convert so well into cross stitch patterns. Beautiful work. I love your other two finishes as well!

My little girl is 14 months old now and running around all over the place, she is so much fun! Have been stitching a little here and there but not nearly as much as I'd like to. Hope you have had a lovely summer!

Jennifer x

Popular Posts