Quick Finish: Bless Our Home

First I must say how grateful I am to each of you who left me a kind comment on the BD Sunflower House finish. You have really blessed me with your enthusiastic compliments - thank you!

Whilst stitching on Quaker Garden, which is progressing although much slower than I had intended, I swapped it out with a Lizzie Kate snippet when I wanted something else to do. This is called "Bless our Home" and I have a nice frame for it already.
I used a tan 28 ct. linen and the Weeks threads. The blue color, "cadet," is a really nice aqua blue with some lovely variation.

I also wanted to share some recent stash therapy acquired from the always wonderful Mary Kathryn at eHandcrafts online. I ordered Praire Schooler's new "Autumn Leaves," which I adore, plus the recommended 32 ct. Lambswool and DMC threads, some 18 ct. Summer Khaki aida for Praire Santas, 32 ct. Lugana in Moss Green for an ornament exchange on my Yahoo! Praire Schooler group, and the automatic Little House Needleworks Thread Pack for September, "Berries." Also a beautiful skein of The Thread Gatherer's Silk 'n Colors "In the Burgundy". I am so pleased with Mary Kathryn's service and would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a reliable online shop!


UPDATE: here is a picture of Bless Our Home framed in a 5 x 7 inch frame (pardon the yucky flash):



and on my poetry bookshelf:

Comments

Cathy B said…
Bless Our Home looks great - and so pretty framed!

Becky has two groups - the SBEBB is an intl group and the USEBB is a US only group - I'm sure you would enjoy either one, both groups are great!
Nicole said…
Great stash haul! I love ordering from Mary Kathryn also! She's so nice and so talented! Your Bless this Home looks great also - I love that pattern!
Nicole said…
Oops - Bless Our Home! Duh! :)
Rachel V said…
Thanks Nicole and Cathy! Cathy, thanks for clarifying - I did not know the difference between the two. I know membership is limited, so I don't know if there are any openings right now or not.
Nicki said…
What a cute little finish! It looks great in the frame (I love that clock too!)

Some lovely new stash too. Those Prairie Schooler charts look like great value - so many ways to use one design. And the LHN design is so cute!
Sharon said…
That is a very pretty finish and the frame goes great. Congrats
Kitty Couture said…
Congrats on a very pretty finish - love how you framed and displayed it too :)
Annemarie said…
Great stash, great stitching on 'Bless This House' and great frame, too!
Lovely!! And what a gorgeous clock you also have!
CindyMae said…
I love Bless Our Home! It looks fantastic and I just love that pattern!

Great additions to your stash as well!!
Von said…
A beautiful quick finish to encourage you while working on QG was a great idea! Looks just perfect on your poetry bookcase. :D
Margaret said…
'Bless Our Home' is so pretty & looks great on your poetry shelf.
Wonderful stash. I imagine your fingers are itching to start using some of it.
Margaret
lena-lou said…
I love your L*K finish it looks really nice how you have it displayed and nice new stash you have there :-)
Mary Kathryn said…
I enjoyed gathering your order, I'm so glad you liked everything, thanks again for shopping with me. Bless our Home is such a sweet design and it looks perfect in the frame you chose - your stitching looks wonderful. Cadet is one of my favorite WDW colors too. :0)
Vonna Pfeiffer said…
Ruth,
First of all love the LK*finished Bless our Home...that is one of my favorites. Love the clock in the picture...I adore those large old fashioned looking clocks!
The stash dash was awesome also, I just purchased the PS autumn wind...love it, love it, love it!!!
You have chosen beautiful fabrics, threads and patterns! Kudos to you!!
Anne S said…
Bless Our Home looks wonderful :D
Anonymous said…
Such lovely stitching and finishes. I'm so glad you joined the US Exchange Place group!

Popular Posts