Colorbox Fun

When I was a little girl, I would ask for the biggest box of crayons that Crayola made, and the first thing I'd do when I got it home was to carefully take out all the cardboard containers and slide the crayons out onto the floor. Then I'd set about arranging each crayon in "rainbow order": Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple... What joy those beautiful colors gave me!

As an adult, I still play with my colors. I've taken a little time away from stitching to organize my floss and fibers. All my DMC were helter-skelter in a bag, and I decided to find a way to organize them. Here they are laid out on my coffee table:



and here is the first half neatly stowed away on bobbins:


My sweet hubbie was the one to suggest a "tackle box" approach to organization (and take me to Michael's to buy them for me! Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful man!). Anyway, I am thrilled with the results. I have three boxes, two for DMC and one for specialty threads and overdyed fibers, which I am just beginning to collect. I have "bobbin-ed up" about half the DMC so far. They are organized by color and each is labled with the DMC # for easy identification. When I am working on a project, I can take out only the floss I need and keep those on a ring. And in the meantime, I can peer down at the beautiful colors for the sheer joy of it!

Comments

Von said…
Oh my, another color collector!! I did the same thing with crayons, and now transferred that to all kinds of fibers and papers - way too much fun. :D
Rachel V said…
Von, indeed! Color fun can be irresistable. :)

Thank you so much for your comment on my last post - that's so neat that you have an intern from Westminster West! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for me. :)
Cathy B said…
The many different colors sure are wonderful, aren't they!

Your Bookshelf project is coming along nicely.
LivnLaf said…
Ooohhhh Myyyyy!!!! How pretty!
Rachel V said…
Thanks, Red!

Popular Posts