Still here and still stitching

Stitching friends! Still alive over here, and still stitching, just making very small progresses lately. I have precious few finishes for 2010, and don't have pictures of everything yet. But I added a few pictures to my facebook album tonight and thought, "why not go ahead and update this blog?"

I have been collecting the LHN Christmas ornaments, and have 3 stitched so far. I have actually finished off two of them, but don't have them photographed yet. I love Christmas ornaments and have enjoyed this collection.

I also make bits of progress on Connor's Jemima Puddle Duck birth sampler. I am hoping to get this finished before his first birthday. Beatrix Potter is so nostalgic for me. I grew up loving her little books and had BP wallpaper in my nursery until I was about 8 or 9. So this is quite a delightful stitch for me. It has LOTS of colors!!




I finished another special birth sampler at the beginning of the year for a dear friend who lost her baby girl at six weeks old. She knew I had been stitching a sampler for her baby and asked if I would finish it. Everyone grieves in different ways, and for this sweet mother, physical mementos have been healing.

I also finished up the Jane Austen Christmas stocking by The Sampler Girl. I need to get this finished finished but have been afraid to trust my paltry sewing skills, so I'm thinking of having it professionally finished.


That's it for 2010 finishes that I have pictures of. I have a few more things to photograph and show plus some yummy stash I picked up this week. Maybe I'll be back again in a few days!!

And how about a pumpkin picture of my sweet Connor baby?

Comments

Catherine said…
What sweet stitches!! And your Connor is a cutie - love the pic of just his feet with the pumpkin!
natalysneedle said…
Beautiful Stitching. Love those pumpkin feet
Brigitte said…
You have been doing some very nice stitching. I love the BP sampler.
Cute pictures of Connor:)))
Hazel said…
Lovely to see you posting again. Connor looks a cutie. Loving all your wips and finishes. The memorial sampler is beautiful. What a sad story. x
Nancy said…
Wonderful to read a post from you Rachel! Everything you have been stitching looks so nice, and I'm glad you are finding the time to still do some.

Connor is such a handsome little boy! Love that picture with the pumpkins!
Katrina said…
Love all your finishes!!! Connor is so sweet, what a cutie pie :-).
Kajsa said…
What a cute baby boy! All your finishes looks great. The memorial sampler story was really touching, I'm sure that the mom is grateful that someone still remembers and cherish her sweet girl.
Lisa said…
Whilst you may not have many finishes this year (like me) the ones you do have are gorgeous. I love the LHN ornaments myself.
And the birth sampler is so lovely, I'm glad that it will give your friend some comfort.
DebbieSFL said…
Glad you are back, and what a cutie-pie of a boy!!!
kimstitch3 said…
love your finishes and your blog is beautiful.YOur baby is adorable too
Jenny said…
So nice to find a post on your blog today, Rachel - you have been missed! Lovely to see photos of Connor - what a big boy! My wee girl turns 4 months tomorrow... amazing how quickly they grow! Gorgeous stitching as always - so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I'm sure the baby sampler you made is very precious to her.
Take care, Jennifer xo
barbara said…
When did your baby get so BIG?! My gosh, wasn't he just born the day before yesterday?

Your stitching is wonderful.:)
Teri said…
Great to see you back and with lots of lovely finishes. Connor sure is a cutie!
Sally said…
Lovely to see you Rachel:) You may not have got much stitching done but what you have done is gorgeous. Love seeing your finished JA Sampler Stocking. I'm stitching it at the moment and I love it!

Connor is so sweet!
staci said…
Beautiful stitching! I'm sure that birth sampler will be a lovely remembrance for your friend...proof of a very precious but all too short life.

What a doll Conor is :)
Jennifer said…
welcome back! was wondering when you would post but I know how busy it is with a new little one. He is a darling little guy ! Love your stitching too.The memorial sampler is beautiful as is the stocking and ornaments. Hope he has a fun fall!
Anonymous said…
you have some lovely finishes, i especially love the JA stocking, I have this one my wishlist. The memorial sampler for your friends baby is beautiful, so sad :(
Connor is such a cutie, just love those little tootsies
very lovely !!!
happy halloween

have a good day
marylin

Popular Posts